Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tadamasa Iguchi














Photo by Keiko Moriyama


Q: What is the medium of art you deal with?
A: Typography, photography, and other simple ways of communication.

Q: When did you start becoming dedicated to your means of artistic expression? What was the trigger?
A: It all started when I was in high school when I first read this sub-cultural design magazine called "relax". My very first design on my own was when I was 20. It was a design for a flier of an event that my friend and I organized ourselves.

Q: What/Where do you get your inspirations from?
A: My inspirations do not come from concrete and objective ideas but rather from abstract concepts that happen to ponder into my head. Once I have the concept, I can begin to imagine and develop the design.

Q: What made you join this SIR exhibition?
A: I like the fact that through these SIR exhibits, I am exposed to so many different types of artists and an even wider range of styles and expression.

Q: Tell us a little bit about your vision of your art work at the show "Colorless Spectrum". How do you interpret the theme Colorless Spectrum?
A: "Colorless Spectrum" has some implications of both, a start and an end. I plan to further develop this concept and wish to present it in a very simple fashion.

Q: Do you love Japan?
A: Of course!

Q: Do you have any message to the audience?
A: At this show, you will be able to witness a gallery filled with genre-breaking experimental art. See you all at the space gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment