Thursday, January 28, 2010

Taiko Fujimura

Q: What is medium of art you deal with?

Mixed media, both 2D and 3D.

Q: When did you start becoming dedicated to your means of artistic expression? What was the trigger?

When I was a teenager, music was a form of art which I came into contact with how powerful art can be. It was a very moving experience for me and I thought, “I want part of this.” Music, visual arts, dance...I tried a few di
sciplines back and forth and I found that fine art is the one for me about five years ago.

Q: What / Where do you get your inspirations from?

Things like I see, hear, smell or my memories or experiences...

Q: What made you join this SIR exhibition?

I read about the founder, Aoi Yamaguchi in the Hokubei-Mainichi Newspaper and I was
very intrigued by her activities. I wanted to have a circle of Japanese friends who are artists and musicians to share similar experiences and views.

Q: Tell us a little bit about your vision of your art work at the show "EARTH." How do you interpret the theme "EARTH" as one of the Four Elements of the nature?

The earth is the foundation of life as if mother gives us birth and energy to grow. My painting, “Mother Earth” is my interpretation of the theme, “Earth” itself.

Q: Do you love Japan ?

Yes, I love Japan.

Q: Do you have any message to the audience..

Hope you enjoy the artwork at the "Earth" show as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Please visit my art shows when you get a chance and say "hi" to me. Art is for everyone and I am very easy to talk to. My upcoming shows information is listed at:

www.taikofujimura.com
www.myspace.com/taikofujimura

www.facebook.com/taikofujimurafineart

Looking forward to meeting you!


Posted by Taiko

No comments:

Post a Comment